Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 9 - N0. 21 Podcasts

I looked at podcast.net. This yielded an interesting result that would be useful for libraries: Audio Literature Odyssey. This included professional readings of many well known authors and poets, including my favorite, Emily Dickinson.
Then I went onto Podcast Alley: it seemed more "hip," but required more steps that I was willing to do.
In contrast, Yahoo! Audio was VERY easy to use!! I found audio recordings of author/poet Richard Brautigan. These recordings were transferred over from LP records, so you can even hear the skips and hisses in the background--sounds of my youth!
When I looked at library uses of podcasts, I saw that one featured an exhibit and another introduced a new librarian. These are both interesting uses of this new technology.
Last, I added the Yahoo Audio feed for "Brautigan podcasts" to my bloglines rss feed list.

No comments: