Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 9 - No. 22 Downloadable Media

I explored the OverDrive materials. The home page gives a good variety of titles, both adult and juvenile,to choose from. Each title is available for a 14 day loan period. Titles include summaries and some include viewable excerpts. In addition to using the search box, you can also search by topics on the left-hand side of the screen, exs. eAudio, new eAudio. In terms of classics of literature, I did not find the poems of Emily Dickinson on this site, but I did find Moby Dick. I noted one title that will be of help to parents that I have worked with: Spanish on the Move for Kids. When I explored the free sites, I liked Wowio best. It has an attractive home page that draws your interest to new releases. Also, each book brings up a list of related titles that may be of interest. You can also search by category. Brave New World is included as a new title. LibriVox is less attractive from the homepage and on into the site. I did find the poems of Emily Dickinson and the classic, Moby Dick.

No comments: